• In the Spotlight:

Would you stay? adult content

If the man you married had an emotional affair? Would you stay if this affair took place from a week before you married to five months after before you found out about it? Would you stay if your emotional state was already fragile because you father had died? Would you stay if you found out he was a habitual liar to boot? Would you stay and try to make it work?

Banae26

Asked by Banae26 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• mMMmm...I'm so in love with my husband that I'd stay. ... in all honesty, I would.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Uh no. He loves someone else and lies about it. Where ya gonna go from there? No, I'd cut my losses and get the hell out.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• NO freaking way. I love my husband in all honesty but I will not be made a fool by him or be just something to walk on. He can find a stupid girl for that nonsense!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't know. How long have you been together? I don't think I'd be strong enough to handle it in all honesty finding out about the *other woman*
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It almost sounds as if he is not sorry at all.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Probably unless I felt like he was still talking to this person.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Nope. I couldn't stay with a man who made vows while doing something on the side. I would feel co dependent, and probably wouldn't trust him ever...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If it was just the emotional cheating, I would probably try and work it out, BUT with the habitual lying, I would be gone.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If you have proof he is a liar. No for a fact he is a liar... and no you can't trust him as far as you can throw him... Then there is no point staying in the relationship... Trust is the base of every good relationship and ussually if men see they can get away with a lie and you still stick around... Not only do they de-value you but they think they can do it again. If you stay in this relationship... YOU WILL BE UNHAPPY... and NO ONE wants to live like that... believe me... there are so many good men out there... don't stick to the wrong one... because you may love him... but believe me... you'll love again. and he'll know he messed up... they always see the truth when it's too late.... and when he does you'll be over him. and he will be sorry... and see you as a much stronger person then he could ever fathom being.
    Shanti0327

Answer by Shanti0327 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I'm sorry, I know I'm going to get jumped all over for this, but there is no such thing as an emotional affair. Either he is having sex and lying about it or he's not... If he's not then it's not an affair. Now, if he's keeping ANYTHING from you, you have issues in your marriage, but I don't see that to be something to end a relationship over, ever marriage has some issue at some point.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2011