Should I be worried about "not showing enough" for how far along I am?

I am 26 weeks tomorrow, and everyone keeps telling me I am wicked tiny for being that far along. It is my first pregnancy, so I dont have any experience of how big or small I should be at this point. I see other people on TV and stuff that are much much bigger than I am right now. Is this something I should be worried about?

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 9:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• talk to you doctor about it. Dont know how small you are but I was small too. When I was 9 months I was so small that are some when thye maybe 6 months. Some are just really huge.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No it's nothing to worry about. Every woman and every pregnancy are different. I never showed really with either of my pregnancies until the last few months. It's also said that with first pregnancies moms are usually smaller but like I said it varies. Gl momma!
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 9:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I am 18 months right now and am not big AT ALL. I am normally 99 lbs and have only gained 5lbs. they say you should gain 1lb a week after week 10... This is my first pregnancy also.. and my baby is fine. I used to worry too... but you have to keep in mind... EVERY WOMEN IS DIFFRENT. My aunt was pregnant and no one could tell she was until she complained that her water broke in the middle of dinner. She gained 8lbs throughout her whole pregnancy... and now her son is born and perfectly healthy. Try not to worry so much... it's not good for the baby... If you get too worried about your baby like I did, buy a monitor you hold up to your stomach to hear the babies fetal movements... it'll make you feel confident that your baby is just fine. =]
    Shanti0327

Answer by Shanti0327 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I get HUGE by the end of my pregnancies (10 lb babies), but with my first, I didn't even really begin showing until close to 7 months. With my second it was around 6 months.

My doc said it had a lot to do with 2 things: the arrangement of your torso (long torso'd/short torso'd), and the tightness of your abs. I've been an athlete all my life, and my abs are ridiculously tight - he said they were mainly what caused my not showing.

But no, it's really nothing to worry over. Some of my girlfriends didn't show hardly at all, even the day they gave birth. Everyone's different!
    LadyMommaDukes

Answer by LadyMommaDukes at 9:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Ask your doctor or midwife.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I didn't start showing until I was 7 months along. My aunt never showed and had an almost 10 lb healthy baby. Every woman is different.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Shanti, how much is that baby monitrr an where can I get one? Im sure my finace would love for us to have one, and I know I would too.

And thank you to everyone for your answers :]
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Im deffinately showing, like my belly button is starting to pop out and everything, and I feel huge for how small I was before I got pregnant, but everyone keeps saying Im still really small. My doctor hasnt said anything about it, they said that he is a good size and everything. But thank you all for giving me answers because everyone needs a second opinion :]
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• A lot depends on the length of your torso as to how early or how much your pregnancy will show... It you have a long torso, you'll show later and less than your shorter torso'd friends.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I hid my last pregnancy until I was almost 7 months, so it just depends on how you body carries the baby. I wouldn't be worried but if you are you can ask you doctor, but he/she should be measuring you each visit and if they are not worried, I wouldn't worry.
    amber_dawn

Answer by amber_dawn at 10:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2011