Was i in the wrong? bf upset over fb account... adult content

i was tired of all the drama on fb so i deleted my account on saterday. my bf lives out of state due to his job and we had most of our contact through fb. the night i deleted the account i tried calling, sent him text, sent offline messages on yahoo messenger and sent email to his yahoo. i was really upset about some stuff ppl were sayin on fb and i couldnt get a hold of him to talk and to tell him im deleting my account. so i told him on offlines email and text. then all the sudden last night at 12 am(i have finals this week and today was my "last" day of classes) he texts me callin me a lying cheating redneck slut and tht im hiding stuff cause i blocked him on fb...i was like wht? i sent you messages sayin im deleting my account, then he says he nevver got him and continues to put me down and gettin mad at me for deleting my account. i was just sick of the he she said bs and seein everyone piss and moan about how crappy their life is. and since i deleted my account im less stressed. so was i wrong for deleting my account without talking to him first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Facebook to me... is just another myspace... People use it as background check on other people which is why I deleted mines also. I don't blame you for deleting it.. but maybe you should have told him since that was the only way you two keep contact... but if he was ignoring your calls and texts in the first place and didn't text you until days later... I dont think he noticed you did delete in that time and was too busy doing something else to answer you.. Ussually when a guy accuses a girl of doing something in a loud defensive manner... he's ussually guilty himself... work it out if you want.. just be careful... he knows your not around to know what he's doing and maybe that's why it bothers him he cant watch you either.
    Shanti0327

Answer by Shanti0327 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• no you are not wrong. you have a right to delete your fb. i would not be with a guy who calls me a redneck slut though!!! BIG RED FLAG...
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Wow...if deleting a facebook page can lead him to call you names, there is a problem. ESPECIALLY if you tried to contact him, and if he gave any crap, could go check his damn email and texts and see that you did exactly what you said. There is no way ALL of those messages didn't go through. He should be apologizing big time and in a hurry...not continuing.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Sounds like you need to let your boyfriend go, and then you'd have even less stress in your life. How disrespectful he sounds.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You were not wrong in deleting your facebook account without his "approval" even if it was your main form of communication. I would however be worried about his reaction to it. If you have never done anything in the past to make him distrust you then his reaction is WAY out of line and I would be seriously reconsidering my relationship with him as well.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Wow yeah he really crossed a line calling you that. I am sorry but I would break it off. No one talks to me like that, and you are a princess, a daughter of the King of Kings. Maybe it will show him how miserable he is without you and he "could" change his ways but he in my opinion-- has shown his true colors.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• no, he sounds like a butthole anyway.
    Shouin

Answer by Shouin at 10:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No you have every right to delete it if you want too and its not like you did it without telling him. His reaction was uncalled for and I think he has some serious apologizing to do.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You weren't wrong to delete the account, now you need to delete him from your life.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• His reaction to your deleting your facebook account was excessive. I'd delete him to!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2011