Home remedies for bladder/ kidney infection? adult content

I was really naseaus Friday and Saturday, I wasn't able to eat or drink either day. Sunday I woke up still unable to eat or drink. I started having cotractions and when I went to the bathroom thought I had spotted a little ( I now think this may have been in my urine). I had a low fever of 99.1 and horrible lower back pains. I went to the ER because my contractions were getting worse. When I went in they said I was dehydrated (from checking my urine, but they didn't day if they had checked for an infection) and gave me zofran and made me drink lots of sprite. They said I was having contractions but they thought it wa due to dehydration. So they gave me and IV and then they did a vaginal ultrasound to check my cervix. They said it wasn't dialated and it was so thick that even if my contractions were to get worse the baby wasn't going to come out. So then they gave me Vistiril to slow my contractions but it didn't do anything they even pointed this out on the monitor. I was in alot of pain and they asked if maybe it was the baby moving! I was like "NO, I know how it feels when my baby moves and it definately does not hurt!" So the doctor said to think of this as my new "normal". So I am supposed to deal with having horribly painful contractions for two more months?!?! I am so frustrated!! When I finally got home last night and laid down my contractions eased off but I still had sharp pains in my lower back. I am thinking I may have a Kidney infection. They asked last night if it burned when I peed and it didn't then but when I went this morning it burned a little but not as bad as I am used to when I have UTI's. My urine is dark orange and so far I have only peed 3 times today. I rested and drank cranberry juice, I want to drink water but the taste makes me gag. I am going to call the doctor in the morning, until then do you know of anything that can help ease pain from a kidney infection or that might help it from getting worse?

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried corn silk tea? My mother in law turned us on to it atleast 10 years ago and it works. She's used it for 30+ years. It's simply taking the silk from around fresh corn, boiling in water, adding sugar if needed, and drinking it. It tastes great without the sugar too. It can also be bought in dried form if corn is out of season. Here is e.how's link you can copy and paste and tons of more info can be found if you google it.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5615326_corn-silk-tea.html
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 10:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Cranberry juice will help. I also use AZO cranberry supplement, but I would talk to your OB/GYN before taking it.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• tons of water
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• one thing that helps the gagging on the water is make sure you have very very cold cuz then it wont be as hard to swallow for you...alternate one glass of 100 percent juice cranberry juice..it works better than the cranberry juice cocktail cuz it has less sugar..do not drink the light either because it doesnt contain enough antioxidants to help with a kidney infection...i have had a lot in my lifetime and for the back pain try to take some tylenol it will ease up a little even if its a kidney infection and its pretty much all you can take they wont even give you azo for the pain and frequency but i think if you can stand drinking water with tons of ice it will help with alternating with the cranberry juice
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Bladder infection are nothing to mess around with during pregnancy I would have my DR check it out asap. Drink lots of fluids if water is to hard to stand try anything you can get down, milk, juice, gatorade sometimes something with a little flavor helps lemon aid was great for the nuasea when I was pregnant for some reason salty and sour were easier to stomach.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011