A little confused.... adult content

I am 20 weeks and 5 days pregnant and for the last week or two I have been having pretty regular bowel movements HOWEVER they are green. Is this a problem? I am afraid something is wrong.

ready4baby2011

Asked by ready4baby2011 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not a problem. The baby's diaper colors will change too.
    Anonymous

• What have you been eating? I know purple foods/blue foods will cause that, such as blueberries, blackberries grape kool-aide. It was probably something you ate, but if you want more reassurance I would call your doctor to see what he thinks.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Have you eaten / drank anything with purple dye in it recently? Like grape cool-aid? Sometimes food dyes can aff ect the color of your stool...

Just remember to bring it up to your Dr at your next month's appointment, and don't worry in the meantime.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If you eat alot of green foods it will turn green, and if you eat alot of orange foods like carrots and sweet potatoes it will be orange. I don't think it is anything to worry about even if you haven't ate a bunch of green things. It could also maybe be your prenatal vitamins, mine make my urine neon yellow.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• thanks ladies. Thankfully I go to the doctor on wednesday.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No worries...probably just your food. I know if I drink powerade, koolaid, or anything with blue or green dyes, my poo will be green. I haven't had my prenatals change the color of my poop, but I know they say it can, and as Kayaiden said, they do change my urine color.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• could be something you ate
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i agree with everyone else on it being something that you have possibly ate or drank...think about the past couple of weeks and what have you been craving cuz i know that at that point i was eating the same things cuz of cravings...icing koolaid green veggies all that will make it green...good luck at your appt
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• iron can make your stools green too.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011