Feeling overwhelmed with the stupidest change....

My son is very tall for his age and was looking a little cramped in his toddler bed which turns into a full size headboard. I got the full size bed and wow he looks like a little itty bitty baby in that big bed!!! I feel so overwhelmed that he is in this big boy bed now and I feel like I may have rushed him out of his toddler bed and wish I could just take this bed back. How can I get over this feeling? I really DONT want to get rid of his new bed but it made me tear up a little to see him to go to sleep in it.

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he's not bothered by it then there's nothing wrong. It's okay to be a little overwhelmed by him growing up but you can't move him or make him scared to make you feel better. If he's happy then let him be and look at it positively. You've raised a brave little boy who isn't afraid of the big boy bed like some kids are. Good job mama. :)
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 10:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It is just a bed. Think of it as a smart investment. He was too big for his toddler bed, and rather than do a twin that you would have to buy a headboard for too, then have to move to a full eventually, you made a purchase that will last.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• How is he doing with it?? Is he sleeping ok?? Is it a better fit?? If he's not bothered by it, and If you don't make it into a problem... then it's not a problem!! My DD went into her big bed at 18 months... Was I sad she was growing up, yeah... did I make a deal out of it, no... so there was no problem!! Enjoy it... it's fun to watch them grow ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Realize that he is always going to be your little boy no matter what and there are going to be many times when you tear up over the smallest things. My 3 month old baby girl graduated from Pampers size 1 to 2 and it just brought it home how fast time is flying and how much she is growing and I got all hormonal too. It happens.
    dakotafriend

Answer by dakotafriend at 10:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You did what you had to do Mama! He is more comfortable and not cramped anymore. You are moving with him, not pushing him forward. Darn growing taller! Lots pf hugs and squeezes while we can get them!! :)
    MamaEryn

Answer by MamaEryn at 8:14 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I know exactly what you mean! When I moved my son from the bassinette to his crib, he looked so tiny! Did he really need all that room? Maybe a little longer in the bassinette was ok....but no, mama. Your baby is growing up. Its ok to want to keep them tiny, but babies insist on growing up. Sometimes the heart has to break a little to make more room. Be proud of how big your baby has gotten!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Thank you everyone for the positive answers!!! He loves his big bed and slept awesome in it last night! We have been trying for another but been unsuccessful so he may be our only one and it just made me sad to see the crib get torn apart! I wish I could select you all for best answer because all of your answers were wonderful!
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Mar. 15, 2011