Boy/girl fetal heartbeats

Does anyone have a girl that had a low heart beat when they were doing an ultra sound? I have heard boys have lower heartbeats but with both my boys, One had a low heartbeat and carried low, the other had a very high heartbeat and carried high(we thought we were having a girl).

OurHeartsAwait

Asked by OurHeartsAwait at 10:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yep...this one was a complete psych out! LOL! We have 2 girls already and they were always 155-160 range for heartbeats, and the baby I am pregnant with now was 130-135...thought for sure I had my boy. NOPE. Girl. And I am carrying a little lower than normal I think. Although I am so short that there isn't much room to be carrying high or low at this point.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Just another wivestale (among the MANY everyone feels the urge to tell me about). I'm pregnant with a boy and his heartbeat is always around 160bpm
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It's an old wives' tale... out of my three kids my boy's heartrate was always in the middle, around 135-145 so he could have been either one, my older girl's heartbeat was ALWAYS in the low 120s (which is supposed to be a boy) and my younger girls was always around 160 (which is supposed to be a girl, so at least one was right!) And I carried low with all three of them.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My eldest had a really high heart rate, he was a boy. My 3 year old had a low heart rate and he's a boy. So, it wasn't accurate for me.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• The laugh was on you. lol. You really can't tell by the heart beat. Yes they say the girls heartbeat are lower but that's not alway true. The way you carry a child doesn't really give you a clue either. the best way to find the sex of the baby is the sonagram and even that is not alway correct. A friend of mine was told she was having a boy and it turned to be a girl. She had her hand down there which made it look as if she was a boy. Dad really got a shock when she was born. But he loves her anyway. lol
    Parka54

Answer by Parka54 at 3:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• yes, I know the only REAL way is to have a ultrasound. I was just trying to figure out what happened with everyone else.
    OurHeartsAwait

Comment by OurHeartsAwait (original poster) at 5:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2011