How to tame the mane while growing bangs out

I am trying to grow my bangs out and have naturally wavy/curly hair...and in the younger days, i would just throw my hair under a hat and let it ride. Now am looking for suggestions on hairstyles to make the transition that are age appropriate, I am 37 but that are fun, funky and stylish.

dakotafriend

Asked by dakotafriend at 10:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I'm growing mine out too, hair desser got a little carried away. I pull them back in a small barrette with a little poof created by backcombing them a little first.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 10:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• when i was growing out my bangs i would use those little clips and bobby pins and pin them to the side or on top of of my head. also use some gel or hairspray
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 10:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• barrettes, bobby pins, or headband
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• While you are letting them grow out, use a bobby pin or something to train them to go to the side. That way, as they grow they won't be in your face. As they get longer, use a straightener to make them lay better. I do this. I put it on low heat so they won't lay too flat. Since your hair is already wavy, it will look more natural that way. It takes some of the frizz look out. Trust me, I've been there. I don't have the hair I use to have. But hair products have come a long way since then.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:47 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• When I grew my bangs back out, I clipped them back on the top of my head. You can also clip them to the side if they are long enough.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:52 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• & ya when you can carry them then why not?
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 5:00 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'm growing out mind too and my hair is naturlly wavy I blow dry my hair and just them be or put them behind my ears.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• straightening them is stylist even with the wavy.. curl them into the wave, clip them up.. lots of different tricks :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011