Do any stay at home moms know of legitimate ways to make money from home, like survey taking, data entry, transcription or anything like that?

From a mom used to being a two income family to adjusting to being a one guaranteed income family and would like to do something to contribute to the finances besides staying home and caring for our child.

dakotafriend

Asked by dakotafriend at 10:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• I do daycare/childcare/babysitting. There are always things like AVON, Mary Kay, Cookie Lee, Scentsy, and all those other ones out there. GL momma.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Go on ratrebellion.com and see if there is anything you can find to do.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 11:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 ½ year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we are dedicated to helping other Moms work from home. We have free training, and unlimited support. NO Selling, NO Parties, NO RISK!!! It’s an enjoyable and flexible home business.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms! Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!

Visit my website to get all the details:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our Team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    We are the largest group of Moms working from home online!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Thank you sooo much Erika! I just watched the video and signed up for this Friday for the Webinar. Looking forward to it.
    dakotafriend

Comment by dakotafriend (original poster) at 6:18 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I also work with Erika and she is such the sweetest person :o) I know you will love talking to her after the Webinar! :o)

~Alyssa M.
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:43 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I blog about work at home opportunities and ideas.  You are more than welcome to read my blog at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:55 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I have my own business w/ Gold Canyon Candles and love it! I have flexability, extra income, and I'm having tons of fun. There is a minimal investment to get you started, plus you can earn your kit for free. Msg me if you would like to hear more.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I have worked with high school exchange students, and you get placed to place students in good host families. Its actually alot of fun, you do it on your own time, and get paid pretty well. Let me know if you want more information. www.ciee.org/localcoordinator
    mnielsen

Answer by mnielsen at 1:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Check out Melaleuca's business opportunity. www.workathomeunited.com/number1moms. No investment, sky high earning potential. Build your own business at your own pace. It's great. They have a short presentation that gives all the details via webcast or phone. Just check it out.
    Number.1.Mom

Answer by Number.1.Mom at 6:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011