"They say that breaking up is hard to do"

Like the song says, breaking up IS hard to do. But what do you do when you're broken up with? I know what I'd LIKE to do-I'd like to get over him and move on. I don't want to go through the (e)motions; the shock, hurt, anger, etc. I just want to be over it. He seemed just fine, why can't I be? It's bad enough I thought we were a sure thing; That he met her and we had so many conversations about marriage and being a family. Why is it so easy for a guy to act as if nothing happened? AGH, so many questions when I just want to be over it all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Breaking up isnt hard to do, its the staying away and not calling thats the hard thing to do. Go out with some friends, anything that keeps your mind off of him. I like listening to music that describe the same thing Im going through. a good song for this post " a little bit stronger" Sara Evans =)
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Ugh, have been in your shoes...thought I was engaged to someone where we were a sure thing, only to find out that he had mistresses all over town and of course, i was the last to know. I went and did some counselling in order to sort out all the jumbled feelings, anger being primary and let me tell ya, it really helped to get perspective and to get pointers on how to not get into the same kind of relationship again...as in fixing the old man picker. Cuz mine used to be seriously broken. That and working out and doing a class like kick boxing. oh yeah..that helps get rid of some of that negative energy too. My heart goes out to you.
    dakotafriend

Answer by dakotafriend at 10:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• the sara evans song mentioned earlier really does help. I'm going thru the same exact thing right now. I still love him. I'm trying to get over it but its hard.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 11:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Youll get through it. For the record men do care they just dont show it as easily.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I'm sorry to say you will have to go through it. There is no easy way to deal with this situation. Sorry babe, I hope you are fine. Hugs
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 11:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It's not fair how men take things for what they are and just go about their lives. Atleast him in this case. I'm a realist and can accept that it is what it is, but not quite to the extent that it seems he has. He contacts me the day after he says it's not going to work, as if we're "good" and I'm going to be able to talk to him as a friend. What is he thinking?? Really man..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I know what u mean by getting over guys, they dont have emotions like us women do, Try and focus on urself and the right guy will come along :D best wishes o you and keep ur head up high oh yeah and dont lower ur standerds just for the first guy that comes long, set them high. Gods gt u in good hands!
    Mxcxr16

Answer by Mxcxr16 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Hang on sweetie. When you can't hang on then hang in. This is a tough time. You will come through it. This too shall pass.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:59 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Surround yourself with positivity. Don't listen to sappy love songs. Listen to fun, upbeat dance music. Don't deny it didn't happen but allow yourself to think about it by writing in a journal. Look forward to the next phase in your life. If there is a plan for your life, you're one step closer. Maybe he wasn't the one but meant to be a stepping stone to help you figure out some things before the right one does come along. Remind yourself daily that just because he was nice, it doesn't mean he was right. Yes, you may cry still over the weeks to come but it's reasonable because you cared. Keep yourself busy with fun and friends. Out of sight and out of mind works. Don't go anywhere near where he usually hangs out. Delete his number. Pamper yourself with a spa experience. You don't need anyone to be happy. You have to be happy with yourself. Some of my happiest years were when I was single. No fighting/crying. Just having fun.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2011