Waxy...

25 weeks, and my nipples have a waxy feeling. I did not have this with either of my other pregnancies. I am sure it is normal, and probably just colostrum, but nothing is ever on my bra.

ANYONE else have this, or experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I agree with crimsonhaze, it's probably coming from your Montgomery glands, which form to help prevent your nipples from chapping. Ask your doc/midwife at your next appointment to be sure, but I doubt there's anything to worry about.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:11 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• maybe its that white stuff that comes out of the areola? i get that during pregnancy and nursing, i think it a natural cleaning thing. but this is me guessing. i would ask doctor. im sure its not a big deal, but it would be nice to know, right.
    CrimsonHaze

Answer by CrimsonHaze at 12:58 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• yes, the joys of pregnancy
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• This was not supposed to be anonymous, lol!!! I asked the doctor, it is normal. Just a normal secretion to get your nipples ready for nursing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2011