Teaching letters

I am trying to teach my three old to recognize and write her letters. I cannot however keep her interested for more than 10 mins. I never had this problem with her sister. Any suggestions on how to keep her attention welcome.

katcb1019

Asked by katcb1019 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Toughest job for a mom.. if the child is sparing her 10 mins her good enough, you can gradually increase the time.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My dd is 3 also and she has ants in her pants too! lol For reading time I let my kids (2 and 3 yrs old) pick out some books and while they are eating I read them their books. Then after lunch I tell them it is learning time. We do flash cards/workbooks/coloring etc. I try to switch it up from day to day so they don't get bored. I also give them a handful of yogurt melts as they are working. They love them and it helps keep them seated. lol My dd knows her letters, numbers, shapes, colors now we are working on writing more. She can only write 4 letters free handed but can color in the lines pretty good. At first she didn't really want to do it so i only did it until she really wasn't interested anymore then tried it again the next day and so on.Also try to make it fun and get really excited when she does it right. Now she loves to learn and asks to do it on weekends sometimes! Try to stay consistent with it! good luck
    sweetmommy811

Answer by sweetmommy811 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• get her some flash cards that have the alphabet on one side and an animal or something on the other side; also there are teacher stores that sell stuff that you may be able to get some ideas from
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2011