Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I can not afford to get divorced, can i still file for custody and child support?


Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I assume that we are sailing in the same boat...

    Answer by AnuMeha at 11:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • I do not understand.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • Go to the court clerks office and see what it takes to file for emergency custody, your husband will be given visitation and a court date will be set for when a judge will decide who ends up with the children. Child support can be done at your local Child Support Enforcement office.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 11:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • Tes you may. are you guys legally seperated?

    Answer by dubewife at 11:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • I would think so. My bil and his ex wife were legally married up until about 2 years ago, but they were seperated, and he paid his child support. Neither one wanted to dish out the cash to get the divorce until his ex got remarried, then of course she had to pay it. I don't know if it varies state to state though, this was in pa. Hope it helps.

    Answer by shoot4thestars at 11:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2011