Sex related

Is there anything that can help me want to have sex again? Ladies, it is bad. I have absolutely no sex drive and it is having an impact on my marriage. I don't want any one touching me, etc. Foreplay is just horrible. I was not always this way. Tried a glass of wine to relax, no go. I don't like to drink. Are there med test I should be asking for? Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• What's happened recently that could've brought on a change? New baby? Problems in marriage? Worry, fear? I think most women go thru periods where they're just not interested in it but typically when I get that way it's been right after I've had a baby, my sugar levels are too high or I'm having hormone issues (I've been on hormone pills for most of my life but I don't take them typically till there's a problem). Sometimes life is so busy that we cant' slow down to think about sex but.... what's changed in your life that could be the culprit? If nothing has, then I'd recommend going to the dr to have a check up and they can check your levels/sugar etc thru bloodwork. Good Luck!
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:52 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• cant wait to here the answer for this one ,im going thur the same thing just the touch and kissing .this just happened when i turned 41 maybe its with age,good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• could be hormonal imbalance. Ask your doctor. Sometimes you can use supplements to help but I'd still ask the dr. I use dhea but only 5 mg twice a day. They come in larger mg capsules so I have to break them open. I put it in my tea.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I just posted a question like this one... I'll pass any good advice on.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I am the same way! I am not married and since I don't get to experience sex often, or even the chance to, I wonder why I feel this way. I was dating this guy and once we had sex it was every night for about a week or so. Then, I just didn't want to do it anymore. had nothing to do with him, I just didn't have the "want to". Its like I was trying to go to bed before he did and fall asleep cuz I didn't even want him to ask for it. I have NO idea what causes this. I wish someone could help us! It is like once in a blue moon that I am in the mood and when I am, no one is there LOL!
    Nicki0627

Answer by Nicki0627 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It could be hormonal. Often peri-menopause (which often hits late 30's, early 40's) can cause this..and there are hormonal treatments (topical and oral) that can help.

Like anything else, things become routine as time passes. I don't personally believe in taking man-made hormones, so I looked for alternatives. I began exercising and that really helped alot. Energy and body image were improved.

I also started reading smutty fan fiction, and smutty soft core books. DH doesn't know how many characters he has been in my mind:)

Incidentially, I ran into an old crush, and the next night had an unusually smutty dream about him. He also factors into my mental games when necessary.

Hope any of this helps. don't give up and good luck.
    Anonymous