U.S. ENGLISH & CANADIAN ENGLISH - THE SPELLING IS NOT THE SAME!

Ok, this to let ppl know, who don't know that not all words are spelled the same as I was corrected on a word I used which was spelled correctly, but not the American spelling...... as I am not American.

For ppl who don't know here are some examples:
Color - Colour
Gray - Grey
Neighbor - Neighbour

So stop correcting ppl when you see this as we are not all American.
Thank you.....pls bump! : )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Thank you!!! I answered a question on here about labour before and had a reply basically saying there was no way I knew what I was talking about since I couldn't even spell it correctly. Ticked me off!!! Especially since if you look at my screen name it's pretty clear I'm Canadian.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I knew about all those, to be sure. I'm pretty thrilled that I can say "bloody" all the time here and it's really a curse word in England. I love it. So naughty.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:07 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• To each his own. It's not all that different, even I can tell what the words mean. It's not like it's a totally different language. I do get what you are saying though. I don't come on here to tell people how to spell. That's not what this site is supposed to be about anyway.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:10 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Educate away. I always find it amusing how people assume that only Americans are on this site. I have people on my friends list from six different continents. No one from Antarctica yet but who knows what the future holds? =D
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You are so right. I was educated in elementary school in Italy and we had teachers from England so we used the same spelling as you are saying about Canada. Well, when I got back to the US in 7th grade, everyone tried to correct me as if I was stupid. Well I was forced to adjust my ways as I was now in an American school, but from time to time I use the English spelling, just because...
    AvonLadySandy

Answer by AvonLadySandy at 12:47 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Those words are spelled that way in English too and there are so many more. For the most part, any time one of our words ends in -or, it will be -our for you guys or like realise and realize etc. I bet she felt like a real jackass....lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Well, it just goes to show you who the ignorant ones are...the ones that don't even know about the different spellings, I mean. Nitwits.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:24 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• **England...not English..lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I love the Canadian spelling and enjoy reading your post for that reason. Most of us know what you're saying and the others just like to to be critics.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:39 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i to am canadan i love it there are other words as well can i spell at times yes other times i am in fog but i do try sound out the words as best as i can
    not dumb canadaian
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2011