Dog got bit on ear...help please!!

My dog stayed underneath our house all day long. I think its bc our boy dog won't leave her alone bc she's comin in heat. Well I notices she has a little chunk out of her ear and it hs been bleeding.

What could've bitten her?

She hasn't had her rabies shot so I'm really worried bc of my one year old son...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pets

• well it was probably the male dog trying to get on top of her and she wouldnt allow it so when she got bit she hid under the house so the male would leave her alone.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 12:18 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• thats what i am thinking
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No one can tell you what actually happened.  None of us were there and none of us know, we can only guess.  She should have already had her shots, this being a good reason why, peace of mind.  I would get her to a vet AND I would see to getting her shots.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• take her to the vet!!
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I want to get her shots but my dh won't freakin pay for it! Do babies get vaccinated for rabies? Dh said so.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Take her to the vet...it could become infected. Poor thing...
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 4:56 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• if it does get infected and goes without treatment someone could report you for animal neglect!!!
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 6:09 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Its cheaper to have your dogs vaccinated for rabies then it is for people. insurance does not cover that shot and it ia $400 dollars a shot. If people need to be vaccinated they get more then one shot. Now as far as the ear anything could have happened it could have gotten caught on something or it happened when your dogs were playing. Ears bleed a lot! I wrapped my dogs head in gauze when it happened to her so she was not bleeding everywhere. I also used quick stop to help stop the bleeding.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You should also be aware that you are required by law to have your dogs vaccinated for Rabies. If you get caught you can be fined.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Where I live I don't think its required and how am I neglecting my dog??? I take good care of my animals thank u very much! It
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011