I need some new ideas of how to entertain my 3 year old

I have a 3 year old and as any mom with toddlers/preschoolers know she is very energetic. We have books, coloring books, color wonder stuff (which is aswesom by the way I recommend them to any parent), playdoh, magna doodles, puzzles, we even have a park down the street bu the weather has been to crappy to take her. I am out of ideas on how to keep her occupied and what not so she usually ends up watching a movie or 2 a day. Any ideas?

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 12:18 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• painting, baking, nickjr.com is great for kids games
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• defently like the banking idea. see if she will help with laundry and dishes too! :) my son loves holding the dust pan!!!
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 12:22 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Pudding paints! When I worked at the daycare all the kids loved it. You get a big box of instant vanilla pudding, make it and split some up into smaller amounts then color them. viola! totally safe, non toxic, 100% washable finger paints! The kids loved to paint with it, it doesn't stain clothes, it's safe if they get curious and put their fingers in their mouths and they loved taking the pictures home the next day once they dried. Baking or cooking with mom is always fun too. A bagged sugar cookie mix can be hours of fun. Let her help cut out shapes and while they're baking, let her help you make this simple icing recipe.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/sugar-cookie-icing-64015
    Then, when they've cooled, let her decorate them with the icing and colorful sprinkles.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 12:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• just have her play.. mayb u can act out a movie w her that u watched, or act out a book, or start teachn her... have her help u round the house, mine likes that.. lol.. or teach her to combine ingrediants in simple meals u make... or have s pksymate come over.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 3:24 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• im the same way with my daughter she has so much energy i try to do as much as i can with her but im exhausted 9 mnths prego and she gets bored and moves fast haha but my daughter loves to help me out with household things so just try and get her invovled in whatever your doing in between her times with her toys and books ect.
    also my daughter loves her sandbox and little trampoline, they both keep her occupied and happy for a couple hours and she ends up wearing herself out some
    mama2r

Answer by mama2r at 12:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• have her play or have her help around the house
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2011