What in the world....

...do newborns dream about?? Since my DS (11 weeks) was born, he laughs in his sleep. You can see his eyes moving under his lids, just like an adult who is dreaming. I have always just said that he is playing with his angels.

A newborn has not experienced enough to dream...I would think anyways...so what do you think they dream about?

ElenaC419

Asked by ElenaC419 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Babies have more new experiences in a day than we do, I would think. Everything is new to them, including the stuff that's so mundane you or I don't pay attention to. The wallpaper, for instance. The texture of a blanket. Ceiling fans, pictures, shadows, even. New smells. A draft of air. The sound of water running. Everything. We process our day in our sleep, sorting out what's usefull and such, somtimes we remember our dreams, but usually not. Babies have tons to process! They might not have dreams that follow a storyline like we do, but they have plenty to dream about.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• They are thinking of their loving parents or having GAS.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• That is cute. I don't know but it is something to tell him later. :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Lol I don' know that is a good question. My 3 month old daughter does the same things and it is just too cute.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:25 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• possibly you. being held by you. the funny expressions on your face as you hold him. the funny new world around him.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 12:35 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• my daughter laughs a lot in her sleep. way tocute
    minki111

Answer by minki111 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2011