I got my first period after having my baby who was stillborn. i started march 13th when would i most likely ovulate

wanting to try again but i have irregular periods so around what dates would be good to start trying. my periods are usually 29-32 day cycles

rockabell.2009

Asked by rockabell.2009 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I am so sorry for your loss... I pray that you are healing emotionally and physically. To answer your question...I usually use the free online ovulation calendars. They are usually pretty accurate for me and if your cycle varies, you can type the different lengths of your cycle and see what days you are potentially looking at ovulating.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 9:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• whoa!! you need to give your body time to heal from the last pregnancy, not doing so can put you and your new baby at risk. You need to talk to your OB about how long you should wait.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I want to answer your question but I do want to start off by saying that unless your doctor says other wise I would def wait to try and get pregnant again. If it was a miscarriage it might be a little different story. But since it was a still birth you really should wait and give your body some time to heal. I would def talk to your doctor about this. I am sorry by the way, that has to be hard to deal with. Keep in mind that your baby is a little angle in heaven now. I think though that you should wait about a week to two weeks after your period ends to try again, but please keep in mind my first comment. Gl hon.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I didnt wait after my 1st son was born(pasted shortly after he was born) and my pregnacy and my 2nd son was fine i think tho about 14 days afther my period is about when i ovulate! Im sorry for your lost and good luck with the next baby :)
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:32 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I agree with Bamzakarat. Hun, you need to give your body and your mind time to recuperate. Your baby may have been stillborn but you still gave birth and your body needs time to heal before having another baby. You want to make sure your body is strong. Talk to your doctor and a counselor if necessary before making a decision.

I am so sorry for your loss and will keep you in my prayers.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2011