food shopping

I go for a big shopping and then i am there 3 more times? I feel like there is something wrong w. me...i cant gage what we will go thru ....for example ,,now i need juice ..more bread,,,,,,,fruit.......I just went!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

• and whats your question?!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• As long as I don't need to make extra trips I don't mind stopping the extra times so much. I only shop on the way home from work, which isn't the best since I am tired and hungry then. If you are making extra trips then I can see the problem, and every time a person stops at a grocery store they are more inclined to buy more than they need. It looks as if you get ample staples- bread, milk, juice- pick good dates on the food, then you'll learn to fine-tune your purchases better.

Answer by Bmat at 7:26 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Try keeping track for a week or so of how much you use. My rule is to always buy a bit more than I need. Like, we usually drink 3 gallons of milk in a week, so I buy 4. That gives me room to use more if I need it, but the sell-by dates are far enough out, that if I don't use it, then it's still good the next week, and I can just buy 3 then. Same thing with bread and such. Look at how much you use, and depending on the item, buy extra. You can freeze bread, btw. Just get out the slices you need an hour or so beforehand, and they'll be good to go. Then you could buy several and have them in the freezer so you wouldn't have to worry about running out.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• That's normal for me too. I never want to buy too much fruit because I want it all to be as fresh as possible. Bread I freeze, but I still make a couple trips a month for bread, milk, yogurt and fruit.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I shop online for most of my consumable products, it helps me budget better and I have my list online with my site. Then I shop once a week at the grocery store. I have been able to spend less this way. And it keeps me out of the stores and away from unnecessary spending.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 1:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• what sight?
    Anonymous