Have you used an OPK?

did you get pregnant the first time using it? I have been off the pill for 7 mths now and just finally got my second period so I'd like to use an OPK this mth. I really wanted a little baby before Xmas so this is my last shot. Any advice? Thanks in advance!!

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have used them. The only problem with me using them was I had/have irregular periods and so I was never really sure when to use them. But I think I used them only for 2 months maybe and I got pregnant. Now my husband and I did try for almost 9 months before it actually happened though. I almost would even bother with them. I would just start having sex every other day after your period ends. If you have sex every other day you have a pretty good chance of getting pregnant while you;re ovulating. Gl hon and baby dust to you!!!
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Thanks yea we had sex every other day exactly for the months of January and February. Maybe I didn't ovulate January but I must have february since I got my period now. :( maybe we will just have sex every other day after my periods over. We haven't had that much sex this month so far so all the spermy should be building up lol
    mommyofone15

Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I used one when I was on fertility meds. I did get pregnant the month I used it, but I attribute it to my fertility meds rather than the OPK. If you do choose to use one, make sure you follow the directions carefully. I actually don't attribute the pregnancy to the OPK because I broke it by accidentally pulling the part you pee on out of the applicator before it was ready. I had to call the company and have them send me a new one because it wouldn't work anymore after that. Then they ended up sending me a pregnancy test for free with the new OPK, and I got my BFP that month! lol Good luck!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Nope, I have never used one. I either use the calendars online, or know from my body's signals
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 9:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011