Are you familiar with Mozy? i have a question about restoring

if i log on and back up my files to my moms computer, will it all still be there so I can restore everything when I get my own, new, computer?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Technology

• Well, if you "backup" your files then to use them you have to restore them to the same computer, that's what a backup is. What you to do is get a portable hard drive, copy all your files to the portable drive and then when you get your new computer you just copy them from the portable hard drive. If you use some type of email program like Outlook you can export your contacts to a file and then import it into your new email program on your computer.

I change computers all the time - I just got a external 2T hard drive! That's lots of space! I have 3 laptops and an iPad that I want to be able to share files with.

Enjoy your new computer!
    karen020253

Answer by karen020253 at 2:17 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:35 AM on Mar. 15, 2011