What really seperates us?

All races have the same issues such as murders,rapist,child molester,drug dealers,and etc: Please no BASHING. I really don't understand how some people blame one race over another.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Im not sure what you mean blame one race over another? I know there are some people who are racist and that is usually just the way they were brought up. It isnt right by any means but you know where I live I have had situations dealing with racism because my kids are part hispanic and the principle told me its a problem that starts at home and is difficult to combat once they are in school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• people just want someone too blame and alot of people are afraid of the unknown so if you don't know anyone outside of your race or haven't had a good experience with one certain person then that is where the blame is going to go even though there is evil in every race the majority doesn't want to admit that about their own
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:19 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• There is more display of racism during hard economic times. People are afraid of not having enough for themselves and their families, so they find someone to blame. Sometimes it is a "rich" class of people, but more often, it is a class of people who have even less than the one doing the blaming. Maybe because they perceive the "rich" as having the power to hurt them if they voice their hatred. Maybe it's the human habit of kicking the underdog.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Why would anyone bash you for asking this?
    I think a lot of people truly believe that some races commit more of these crimes because there are more of them in prison. Here, I'm referring to black people. Ignorant white folks who were already inclined to think poorly of blacks, hispanics, etc, aren't going to look at the big picture. Socio-economics plays a huge part in why people commit crimes.
    People are also inclined to believe that hispanic people are either here illegally or, for some reason, do not have as much right to be here, and are taking jobs away from the "real Americans". Its not a smart thought process but many think this way. I think it all comes down to fear.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 10:09 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Drama
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Who blames another race? I blame the purple people eaters, but unfortunately they never take responsibility.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Guess what??? It is called "Predudice" or "Racisim" and it has been all over the world for years and as said as it is, we cannot stop it. I wish I could. If you are a true believer in God,,, do lots of praying. I do. It makes me feel better.
    Grandmav03

Answer by Grandmav03 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• What if you are not a true believer in God? Are those people screwed?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You know, it's funny that you ask that question. I just watched the movie "Freedom Writers" with Hilary Swank. There's this scene where she has all the kids going up to a line if they ever "______" and she asks different questions, like if they've ever been shot at, been in a gang, etc. I was watching that scene and realized instantly what she was doing: showing that even though their skin was all different colors, they were still ultimately the same.
    It is sad that some people will blame another race for problems they didn't create. What's even sadder is that there aren't enough of us wondering how to change that to actually make a difference, b/c the ones who need to change will never see it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• tropicalmama I love that movie. and you are right about this "It is sad that some people will blame another race for problems they didn't create. What's even sadder is that there aren't enough of us wondering how to change that to actually make a difference, b/c the ones who need to change will never see it. " and it is a damn shame.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:52 AM on Nov. 24, 2008