Reporting a drunken single dad

a guy I know has 2 teenage boys and all he wants to do is be away from the house and drink. He even went out snowmobiling with one of the kids and crashed the snowmobile. Now the kid has been waiting 2 days for his dad to get him medical help...and well the guy has other ideas, he wants to be with his buddies and do some fishing,
what scares me is my daughter, who goes to school with these boys, says they do not talk to anyone and are very moody...my thoughts are these boys could one day bring a gun to school and take out their anger....
should I call the principle and let him make the call to cps or should I just call cps myself

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• yes i think u should report it rt away before something serious happens and it would be to late
    frances693

Answer by frances693 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Medical Neglect is a reason to call CPS. Yes I'd call.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:34 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would call cps myslef....but how do you know about the dad?....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• how do u go from a dad being selfish to boys bringn guns to schooll, how old r these teens in the first place. u could make an snonomous call about ur concern for the boys, but u have no place to say i think theyll bting guns to school..
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 3:11 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would report it, too, for the safety and future of those kids. It can be anonymous.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:09 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would call the freaking police asap.  How horrible for them!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:31 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• the dad is a friend of my husbands friend...my husband comes home and tells me about this guy and then my daughter over hears the convo and tells us about the boys
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i would cal cps if you were really concerned about the kids. just because they are loners and moody dont mean they are gonna go on a shooting rampage. i was raped and molested when i was 13 by a half brother and my mom passed away 6 monhts later and i was the same way in eighth grade and i didnt do no harm, and i even went "goth". if you dont think there is a huge issue dont cause them more grief.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 2:41 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would report him.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:07 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Depends on the boy ages, and your child rally has nothing to do with this!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 15, 2011