At what age do you tell kids that there is no santa?

kim168

Asked by kim168 at 7:51 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I won't ever tell my kids thier is no Santa when they are old enough they will stop believing and that could be at 4,6,8 who knows till then Santa lives!!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 11:23 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I dont tihnk you have to tell them I think they will just find out themselves or grow out of it. What happned with me was I was like 9 or something...old huh? and I got a new stereo from Santa....then i noticed that "santa" had used a scrap piece for our wrapping paper and put my name on it!!!! I was crushed but came to grips I didnt even talk to my parents about it, and i still get a Santa present lol with my kiddos Im going to be extra careful no tto mix wrapping paper and tags :)
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 8:03 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• when they find out on their own, and are mature enough to realize it is a story. There is no age when it comes to maturity.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 8:31 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I don't, they eventually grow up and realize Santa is mom and dad but they still get presents from Santa.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My oldest is only 5, so it hasn't come to that. We just decided to let them believe until they started asking questions. I just hope my oldest doesn't ask about it in front of my younger ones. It will be sad when she doesn't believe anymore.
    sarabear524

Answer by sarabear524 at 8:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• We don't tell our son there is a Santa, even though my mom likes to tell him there is. We wrote from Mommy and Daddy on all his presents. I don't want him to feel that we lied to him when he does find out there isn't a Santa.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:01 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I have never told my kids there is a santa...but I am a pre-k teacher and they talk about it in class they actually have agreements they say santa is not real then the other kid would be like yes he is my mommy said he is...so eventually the will find out
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 9:11 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My boys are 15, 13 and 2. I have never told either of my big kids that there is no Santa. When they asked directly if Santa is real, I turned it around and asked them what they thought. When they asked if I believe in Santa I told them that I have always believed in the magic of Santa, which is true. I know they're not naive, they know the truth, but it's still our special way of keeping him real.

Dewdlemom

Answer by Dewdlemom at 9:44 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I sang the song santa is coming to town to my 2 year old daughter i honestly dont think she cares about who is santa...i think once kids realize that their isn't a santa.
    they start being greedy and ask for unrealistic things,
    I know this from my sisters kids, they ask everyone for somthing and its horrid of what they ask for their 7-13 years old, they ask for nintendo ds's from their uncles and aunts, and i cannot afford that for them, their very greedy children, and if they dont get what they want they trip out,

im glad my little one is going to beleive in santa for a little while,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You mean there isn't a Santa Claus??? LOL. I won't tell my daughter unless she asks , hopefully she'll believe for a long, long time. I remember when I eventually figured it out..... it was the saddest day of my life!
    trkaelin

Answer by trkaelin at 9:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2008