Quick meaningfull meals

I am 29 weeks prego every day i get up at 6 to greet the next door neighbors little girl (who i watch) turn on a movie or something and start cleaning the house my dh dose not get up tell 10 then we run around town. come home and he goes to work at 3. jennie ( the little girl) leaves at 5 and i clean the house again to clean up after her. and make sure its clean for my dh. my dh gets off at 11 pm but by then im so exsausted i dont want to do any thing but still make him dinner its our only alone time during the week.

ok so here it is
What are some quick and easy dinners that i can make so i dont get to blahed out. and i can have that dinner time with hubby and still get to bed at a semi ok hour

blinkys11

Asked by blinkys11 at 2:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Steak salad.
    Romaine letticue
    tomatoes and cucumbers
    Shredded carrots
    Shredded thin steak
    Dressing of choice
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Cold pasta salad can be made in the morning ahead of time. I use whole grain pasta, cooked white meat chicken, corn, black beans, peas (all uncooked, canned or thawed frozen veggies, rinsed) with a dressing of choice (great with Italian, Red Wine Vinegrette, really any light dressing flavor).

Meat loaf (premake in the morning and just pop in the oven 45 min before he gets home) with micro steamed veggies and 5 min rice.

Omlet of choice with salad

Crock pot meals! Do the work early in the day and sit back and watch it go.

Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 2:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• eating

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• brown venicin mashed potatoes and green beans. or make hamburger patties instead of venicin.....season them really good! quick and easy...and delish!
    scottshoney

Answer by scottshoney at 3:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• If you like tacos or taco salad, you could make the meat and chop the veggies earlier in the day and just warm up the meat when he comes home. You could also make casseroles earlier in the day and throw them in the oven when he gets home. I like to throw seasoned brown ground beef, spaghetti sauce, cooked macaroni noodles, parm and mozzarella cheese together and bake. You could do a chicken noodle casserole, cooked chicken mixed with cream of chicken soup, sour cream, spices, and cooked egg noodles, I like to top mine with crushed ritz mixed with melted butter.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:15 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You clean your house twice a day? At my house, it's a good week if every room gets cleaned once.

I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, simple, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011