Water broken or wishful thinking?

I have heard sometimes your water breaking can be a slow leak.. I have lost my mucus plug and was sleeping woke up and there was a wet patch.. very small but still um I am not prone to wetting the bed and the toddler is in the living room. I have been having contractions for a while now. I really don't want to call OB again cause I freaked when my mucus plug came out they said I would have early labor but am only 28 and 1/2 weeks.. I am 2cm dilated.. or was about a week ago.

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 3:23 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They haven't talked with you about taking meds to stop your labor?!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:25 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I hope its not either! Labor OR wishful thinking!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• They used to give me a shot when I went into the er.. but my OB is saying she is far enough that she is fine.. I have a sever heart condition that the baby is putting stress on my heart.. and they are worried about me not making it. They have given me shots to help her lungs and they say they are doing fine. I just am bothered by the wet patch on my bed.. and hoping that as an adult I didn't umm... yeah that is embarrassing.
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 3:28 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• That's nothing to be embarassed about!  Pee happens, lol.  ;)  It can be a slow leak or a gush, it just depends.  Do you feel anything now?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Still feeling the same contractions I have been all week.. only slightly stronger, but that could be cause I am stressed?
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 3:46 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• The liquid sounds like either discharge or urine. Even a slow leak will cause gushes when you've been sitting or laying for awhile, and the gushes will fill a maxi pad. The contractions can definitely be brought on by stress! I think all pregnant women wet the bed at least once. =) It's such a glamorous time!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• call your dr
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2011