Help. adult content

So do contractions have to start right after your water breaks or can your water break and contractions start later? Pretty sure my water broke (leaking every time I move or shift positions and I smelled it, it doesn't smell like anything and it's clear and mucous plug is coming with it. Oh and there's a lot of it.) but I am not having any contractions. Just severe back pain. This didn't happen with my first so I have no clue what's going on. I am 39 weeks 2 days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You don't have to have contractions first.
    MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• started before my water broke. However, sounds if you're hurting in your back, it's back labor. Which I had...

Good Luck momma!
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 4:31 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• water can brk first and then labor pains..... sometimes hrs... LOL * sorry, just sayin)
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 4:32 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Well it broke like 30 minutes ago and I have been having contractions, not painful though they are a bit strong. I have been having back pain for like 6 hours now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Congrats!  Head to the hospital mama and see where your at!  WHOO HOO!  BABY ON THE WAY~

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:39 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'd be calling my doc and going to the hospital
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 4:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Even though the contractions aren't steady?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:16 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My contractions didn't get "steady" at all with any of my kids.  They got closer together and more powerful but timing them was a waste of time.  And I wouldn't take any chances.  If you go to the hospital then you'll know for sure. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:22 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I am now bleeding (lightly). Not sure why. But that's enough for me. I'm headed to the hospital. Thanks for all the help. Did bleeding ever happen to you like this?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My contractions didn't start until about 16 hours after my water broke, and they weren't steady until the next day. Good luck! The bleeding is your bloody show, which means your cervix is dilating. You're well on your way!!! Congratulations!!!!

baby dust

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:30 AM on Mar. 15, 2011