Headstart

So, is Headstart only for low-income?
I'm trying to find my DD a Headstart program for the fall, however, I see everything saying these are for low-income. I just really don't understand...
*sigh* Nothing is like it was when I was younger....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in

• yeah headstart shouldnt be for only low income. maybe they just are trying to get more people into their schools?!
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 4:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• yeah headstart is for lower income but there should be other preschools available in your area.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:59 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I think it's for lower income, but they have slots for people over income too. And slots for kids that need it for medical/developmental reasons.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:34 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes, it's for low income but if you don't qualify there are tons or private preschools.

Answer by missanc at 9:41 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I asked a head start teacher how they get students enrolled. She said parents are informed about the program by social service agencies they utilize. However, if I knew about one or had one in my neighborhood, I'd just go there and inquire.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 9:58 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• we are in the army, so ours go on post to re-K at 4, IDK about civilian world...sorry!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Not everyone at our local Headstart is low income. But our Headstart just up and closed their doors a few weeks ago because they lost the education contract w/ the government. I always thought Headstart WAS a gov't. program but I guess not.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 4:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• you can always talk to the head person at the school and see what they suggest and then check and see if there are other programs in your area if you don't want to send your child to that specific school
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• im not sure
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If your child has any special needs that may also play a part in being eligible for Head Start.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

Next question in
Rosetta Stone

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Help. adult content