Anyone's toddler do this too?

My DD is 2...she's hilarious.
Well, I was talking to one of my gf's from highschool. I said "hey chick, whats up". Later that evening, my DD looks at me and says "whats up dick"...now..keep in mind, I haven't really put two and two together. I was shocked, and was thinking "omg, where did she hear the word 'dick'?" So, later, I see my neighbor and again I say "hey chicky"...my daughter says "hey dick" rofl....then I knew what she was saying.

It was hilarious!!!!!!

So, my question is, does your toddler say things that sound...ummm...inappropriate?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 4:51 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I call my 3 year old "little bit".  When she started repeating it it sounded EXACTLY like she was saying "little bitch".  I tried to correct her but for whatever reason it didn't start sounding like what she was actually saying until this year, lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• lol it's hilarious.
    Also, if she says ketchup, it sounds a lot like shut up lol

They're so much fun at this age.
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 4:55 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It really is!  There have been plenty more like that but it's been a lot of actual cursing too!  Blame me, it's all my fault.  I said SHIT all the time and I just now broke the habit with my kids saying it.  I would try so hard to not say it.  But I'd slip and they'd just jump on it!  Once I told my son "you'll get a sucker later on".  His response was "bullshit".  I was mortified at the time but later on I was secretly laughing.  I try to watch it but they know now not to repeat mommys bad words, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:59 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yeah just earlier my 3 year old sounded like she was saying bitch when it was supposed to be something else.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 5:00 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I just remember my now 5 year old asking a lady why she didn't have any titties. The poor lady was shocked but it took me a while to even realize anything had happened. Titties meant kitties, but we have 2 cats and after hearing them refered to as titties all day long everyday i completely forgot it could refer to something else.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 7:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Then there is my son's friend who called trucks "fucks" for years. I think at 6 he's finally outgrown it.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Lol, cute. Our toddler says "Focklate" not chocolate and "Fruck" not truck... doesn't sound to good... :)
    MamaEryn

Answer by MamaEryn at 8:04 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My 18 month son does the same! Any swear word I say he says and when he babbles on and on i hear things that sound so bad!!!
    gonefragile

Answer by gonefragile at 8:16 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes, my daughter has trouble saying the word Witch and I am sure you can figure out what she ends up saying, lol.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 8:26 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My DD doesn't say anything funny like that yet but she does use her middle finger to point. I have no idea where she learned that cause my husband and I don't do that.
    momoftwins250

Answer by momoftwins250 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2011