Mother-in-law stealing medicine from me?!

So I just had my second baby in December by c-section so I came home with a bottle of oxycodone. The bottle says it was a 40 count. Well my mother-in-law stayed with us for a few weeks to help out and after she left I realized that most of my medicine was gone. There was maybe 11 pills left in the bottle. Well she came and stayed with us over the weekend some time after that and I didn't even think about hiding my medicine. When I thought about it again there were only 7 in the bottle. Then the same thing happened again but she took one. I just think it was wrong of her to take and she should have just asked me if she needed them. She didn't have health insurance at the time and has a lot of health problems but that doesn't matter, she went about it all wrong. It's been a few weeks since the last one went missing so should I say anything to her or just let it be? I just find it very annoying and not very adult-like. What would you do?

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 5:15 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I find it to be ridiculous.  I would SO say something.  I agree, if my mother in law asked me if she could have a pill of mine I would gladly give it.  I know I'll be bashed for that but ahhh well.  She stole your meds, that's just low.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:18 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Have you told your husband? What was his reaction? I think he should handle this situation. In the future, I would hide my medication.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 5:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes, I told my husband and he told me to deal with it however I saw fit.
    Bamzakarat

Comment by Bamzakarat (original poster) at 6:05 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would say something. She should have come to you.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• the things people do for pain meds. I would be sure to say something to your husband,
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:55 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• oops, i didn't see you had answered that. so many people are addicted to pain pills, my neighbor was really bad and if she came over and i had any i had to hide them all the time.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• oxycodone for a C section. wow, you have a generous doctor. and 40 of them? Hmmmm...........
    ok, sounds like you got some users in the family.
    You'll have to hide your stuff a little better, like in your glove box of the car or in the pocket of your raincoat in the closet.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:46 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I wl never trust her again...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Clearly she can't be trusted so don't waste you breath or time talking to her about it. Find a much better hiding place.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:50 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Wow. Time for a mother-inlaw daughter-inlaw talk asap...
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 15, 2011