What are the best exercises for toning and getting rid of the pregnancy belly?

dakotafriend

Asked by dakotafriend at 7:05 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Pilates, yoga, and core routines (there are zillions of them!), crunches, plank-holds, and push-ups. Change it up and do different ab exercises and routines each time to keep working ALL of the muscles surrounding your core.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:16 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Pilates! Get a DVD and do them every other day, it works wonders:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Pilates first and foremost.
    That helps tone, but does not help remove excess fat. Only cardio can do that.
    However, to tone you're definately wanting to go with Pilates. It helps tone, strengthen, enlongate, and relax the body. It's really great.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Breastfeed. It makes the tummy contract naturally.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 9:51 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You need to lose the excess fat to have a toned belly, in addition to the strength training. Diet and exercise are your keys to making that happen. From there, work on your core, things like plank and push ups help strengthen your core, and then do some regular ab work.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:34 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I did squats on top of breastfeeding. You do not have to do many squats. I did about 50 a day in set of 5. So, I did ten each set and it helped very well.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 4:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My only option would be surgery as I have a great stomach now but lots of skin from having 6 kids :(
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Walking, crunches, and breast feeding did it for me. And I had to change my diet because the babies were sensitive to something in my milk. I got too thin actually.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Pilates are amazing!! When you're comfortable with Pilates, add yoga. When comfortable with yoga, add some core exercises. Over time, it'll definitely go away. If you had a Cesarean, it may take longer.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Yoga and pilates.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2011