Anyone know supplements that would help my skin, all natural as I breastfeed. My skin is dry and dull and I don't know if it is because I am not getting enough hydration or vitamins or what.

dakotafriend

Asked by dakotafriend at 7:06 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Health

• Are you drinking enough water? Do you take a general multi-vitamin supplement? Do you have daily skin-care routines that includes washing, light exfoliation, and moisturizing? Are you exercising regularly? Those are the things that help keep my skin looking healthy.

Also, because it's been winter, your skin is probably more prone to looking pale and dry right now.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:18 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You need to continue taking your prenatal vitamins if you are bfing. Also make sure you are drinking at the very least, 8 glasses of water daily.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:25 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Water for sure and lotions with aloe
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:21 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Vitamin E can help with skin and hair, but I agree with taking your prenatals still. Water is another big thing- if you don't get enough, your skin will continue to be dry, no matter what you do.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You should still be taking your prenatal vitamins and drinking a boat load of water
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Prenatals, water, vitamin E if doc allows. Are you getting any natural vitamin D also, i.e., time in the sun?
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 9:12 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• drink your water for sure! take fish oil or udo's oil. eat your fruits and veggies too!  try more fish, nuts and avocados.

http://www.allnaturalcosmetics.com/  you can try this site for all natural skincare products.

we use plain shea butter from a helath food store for lotion.

burts bees also has a line of facial care...and they are mostly all natural.

happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Vitaman E is natural - it's also in almonds, so just eat a handful of almonds a day to help, or drink almond milk. Along with they prenatals & hydration that everyone else has mentioned.
    Anonymous