Do you hate when people vote down answers in your question?

I always think its a matter of opinion and i do hate when people vote down answers when the answer is not a bad one.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 7:14 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Oh most definitely, just because they don't agree with me, because whatever I said didn't mesh with what they wanted to hear. I don't vote down answers to my questions just because I don't agree with them, if I'm asking something I want everyones opinion... OF course....if you get the crazy people calling names and just being plain disrespectful those are the answers that should be voted down or reported. Brightest Blessings!

Afterthought, is the thumb down, just a thing that they do to let you know they disagree with you? I never really thought about it much, other than the, why the heck did you give me a thumbs down, I wasn't disrespectful...
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:20 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No, not really, unless there is no reason at all for them to have a down vote (like a yes/no question, how old kids are, etc.). I've used Yahoo Answers for years and the thumbs up/thumbs down is a way for people to voice their opinion of agreement or disagreement without responding to the answerer. It's an internet forum, no one's life depends on them or anything like that. I don't see why people get so upset about them. I think it's funny and a much nicer way of saying, "I disagree," than writing a bitchy response or something.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I hate seeing stupid things voted down. Like an answer to 'What's For Dinner?' and one person will have this vote down for no reason at all! The whole vote down because 'I don't like you/agree with you' thing is just childish imo. The only time is comes in handy is for completely rude answers and personal attacks.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:43 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I can understand down voting when someone is being rude.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:01 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It's one thing when the vote down is for something like being mean or disrespectful or whatever, but it really bugs me when there's no reason for it to be voted down.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:08 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I never even go back to look, usually. I don't care what other people think. I speak my mind and let the others speak their mind. I have voted answers down, but generally only ones that I thought were rude, not just varying opinions.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• if its a really stupid answer or the poster is trying to just get people riled up i understand other than that if you dont like the opinion move on. i meann you left your thought and opinion just because you dont agree with someone else doesnt make them wrong
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:04 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I actually think it is funny when someone votes down my answers. I mean I don't think I say anything that is really bad, I usually try to take the time to really think about my answers and how I would handle things if I were in peoples situations.  When people first started voting down it would bother me and then I was like, well that is their choice.  If they don't agree with what I say okay.  For me I only answer questions if I think I can help someone I don't do it for the points or any of that stuff.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I dont really care

Answer by gemgem at 8:09 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I don't care whether my answers get a vote down or not. I answer questions depending on my mood of the day. But for me, it follows the reasoning: if you vote up an answer because you like it or/agree with it, than logically wouldn't a vote down simply mean you don't agree with it or like. Not a big deal one way or the other.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:14 AM on Mar. 15, 2011