When did you stop using a bay monitor?

I have a camera monitor for both my sons (ages 1 and 3). I love being able to take as look at them in the night without disturbing them... When did you take your monitors down?

MamaEryn

Asked by MamaEryn at 8:19 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son is 3 and I still use it - he has always had sleep issues and if you get to him before he's extremely upset, he will actually go back to sleep - he has night mares and see's things in his room and all around I think HATES To sleep so I actually sleep on the couch with the monitor - this has been ongoing since birth but this bad since he turned 2- i will stop using it once he sleeps through the night for 2 weeks in a row... when that will happen?? he could be 17..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I have no idea! My son is 3 and I still have a monitor in his room (although it's just a sound one). Although he's getting to the point where he gets out of bed and comes to my room at night if something is wrong. He's such a sound sleeper, I don't worry about disturbing him.

I would LOVE a camera monitor....to check on him...mostly during the day when he's playing.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i never used one. i could be on the other side of the house and still hear them so i never bothered to set one up.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes I use it during the day too. I mostly use it to check on the baby at night... but I like having it. Lol Sometimes my 3 yr old will get up and turn on the light and just start playing... Haha.
    MamaEryn

Comment by MamaEryn (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Mmm, I used one with my first child for maybe a few months, never used one for my youngest. I had no problem hearing them, when they were serious lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• we had a video monitor but it broke before my DS was 2...so we stopped having one then. I would have gotten another one if I had money for it at the time, but really, it was unnecessary at that point anyway. Just first time mom anxiety. I plan to get another one (by Summer, it was great...I just dropped the video monitor one to many times :P) but this time I'll get the replacement insurance!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 8:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I cannot hear them while I am asleep without the monitor. My husband is a light sleeper so we need a fan on every night for him. My son is curious and I cannot be sure he would come to my room.
    MamaEryn

Comment by MamaEryn (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We have the summer monitor as well. I love it.. Maybe I need my son's camera to break and then that will be that lol :P
    MamaEryn

Comment by MamaEryn (original poster) at 8:54 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• if it puts your mind at ease and helps you to relax seeing what is going on I wouldn't worry about taking them right now; maybe when they get to be 8 or 9 and want more privacy but I wouldn't worry too much about it right now

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We didn't start using a monitor until we moved into this house. My son was over a year and since he was downstairs I felt more comfortable having a monitor. However, when I realized I could hear him just fine through the floor vent I didn't bother turning it back on. I used it for maybe a few months. Never used one for any of the kids after that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:39 AM on Mar. 15, 2011