Do you think he over reacted?

Our nightly routine consists of hubby and I putting the kids to bed between 8-8:30. Then we go up to bed and watch TV in our bedroom. I usually read, or or go online. He usually watches sports. Anyways, he always ends up falling a sleep. So last night I noticed he was sleeping and snoring so I tried to find the remote and he wakes up yelling at me that I woke him up, he's not sleeping, I know how hard it is for him to sleep, he's having anxiety, blah blah blah. I was like Geesh, sorry. Go back to sleep. But no he kept on and on and on. I slept on the couch and left him in bed bitching to himself.
We haven't spoken today. My son has his 1st reconciliation tonight and now hubby claims he's not going because he's tired and sick! What a baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Without a doubt he overreacted.
    Just tell him "Honey, you go ahead and stay home and miss out on an important day for our son. We wouldn't want to inconvenience you." And just leave without him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• He overreacted for sure. But sometimes when waking up that way you are disoriented and swear you were not asleep. My DH has done it too. To carry on like he did was childish. If he doesn't want to go tonight make an excuse to your son and go by yourself. it is his loss and unkind to your son.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Oh yeah, he overreacted. What a jerk/baby/whiner.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• hes making excuses...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Absolutely over reacted. The whole point to lent is pentance and forgiveness. If he wants to miss his son's 1st Reconciliation then that will be his guilt to carry later. Forgive him for getting so upset, pray, take a deep breath and keep going. Im sure once he sees you going on about your business and not holding a grudge he will get over it. Good Luck.
    vampkity13

Answer by vampkity13 at 8:43 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• he overreacted but he better get his butt to your sons ceremony tonight. my dh is mean when I wake him up to, he feels bad in the morning though, after I call him an ass hole.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yeah he over reacted, but I know if my husband gets woken up out of a dead sleep suddenly he's a bear. I think you just need to let it go.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 8:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• He did over react. What is a reconciliation? He needs to tell your son he is not going. Why should u? He is an adult he can tell the child why himself!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:00 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes sounds like he overreacted to me.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• temper tamtrum
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 15, 2011