Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is me!

When I gave birth, I specifically told my SO that I wanted our baby to have both of our last name's. He filled out the paper work (I was loopy on meds!) and he only put HIS last name. I just called City Hall to see if I could have my name added & the told me no because it wasn't a "clerical" error. Any suggestions what I can do? I'm Very upset.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in About CafeMom

Answers (2)
  • I think you CAN change the last name--but you've got to pay in order to do so. Call back and ask if you wanted to change the last name, how much would it cost to do so?

    Answer by CreativeSpirit at 10:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

  • you can amend the birth certificate. Just go to the county clerks office of where your child was born and ask for a form to amend the name on your child's birth certificate.

    Answer by danagoddess at 11:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.