This is serious.....to me!

When I gave birth, I specifically told my SO that I wanted our baby to have both of our last name's. He filled out the paper work (I was loopy on meds!) and he only put HIS last name. I just called City Hall to see if I could have my name added & the told me no because it wasn't a "clerical" error. Any suggestions what I can do? I'm Very upset.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I think you CAN change the last name--but you've got to pay in order to do so. Call back and ask if you wanted to change the last name, how much would it cost to do so?
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 10:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• you can amend the birth certificate. Just go to the county clerks office of where your child was born and ask for a form to amend the name on your child's birth certificate.
    danagoddess

Answer by danagoddess at 11:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2008