How can I prepare to leave my husband?

should i stay with my parents? should i kick him out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• That greatly depends on your situation. If the house is under your name then go ahead and kick him out, but if it's under his name you have no choice there. If you don't have the finances to support all of your household bills in a home/apartment then you should move in with your parents. If you can and you can legally obtain the home you're in then stay there.

It all depends on your situation.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:22 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• One of the hardest things I did in my life was leave my husband after 20 years. I had the same problem but then decided I was the one who worked and provided for our family so he was the one that had to leave....................I had left multiple times before but always went back.............I do know that when I finally had enough I was done I told him on a Friday he had to leave and filed for divorce on that following Monday, I knew it my heart it was over and I was not going to give myself a reason for him to come back. I had to wait 60 days for the divorce but I did go through with it and I am happy I did. Just make sure this is what you want, cause you will return over and over again and thats so hard on you and especially if you have children. You will know when it's over at least I did
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 9:25 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I left my husband after 12 years. I knew it was over and there was no back and forth. I didn't stay with my parents because I knew this was my mess I had gotten myself into and I was going to get out of it, but I also had the means for myself and my kids to stay elsewhere. Had I not had that, yes I would have moved in with them at least for a time. In my situation, it was easier for me to leave than to try and kick him out.

Answer by missanc at 9:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I guess it would depend on the financials, if you have the money to pay the bills in your home and you are both on the deed/lease, etc. then I see no reason to leave yourself. Good Luck..
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• it all depends on the situation and what not like the others are saying
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• have you talked to a lawyer?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I am a WAHM, I care for child from our home. But the home is in his name. I don;t have the money to support myself and my son. I am in my final semester of college (and I am almost done paying for school including loans).

I don;t want to leave, I love him but..... he is going out all hours and when he is home he won;t talk to me. He was a wonderfully caring husband and father until 2 weeks ago.... now all of a sudden he is treating me like crap. We have been to counseling one and he said he doesn't know if he wants to stay married or not. He can't tell me what is wrong. He just keeps saying he is unhappy with our relationship, but he can't tell me what. I told him I will do anything to save our marriage but nothing is working.

He told me last night that he needs space. But I live and work from our home I really can't just leave.... I only have 7 weeks left of school. What do I do!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• What an awful situation. Sounds like this is much deeper and very personal decision ONLY you can make. IF you can tough it out and since it doesn't appear you are able to support yourself at the moment - finish your 7 weeks. Maybe he is keeping a secret that is too painful for him to get out right now - maybe he is gay, maybe he is cheating? Could be a million things but it sounds like this has just all happened and I'm not sure 2 weeks is enough time to make that snap judgment that your marriage is over unless you are being beaten - then I'd say get out now regardless. People don't just usually stop being a caring husband and father one day - it's usually a progression over time - are you being honest with yourself or has this been slipping for a long time? I'm just playing devils advocate giving you some questions to ask yourself. I would get through school, save money and just keeps eyes and ears wide open. GL
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Sounds like there is another woman involved. Try the 180 list http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000476;p=0

Be ready to move on. Start separating finances, get your own checking account and play it real cool. This is not going to happen overnight. 

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• How long does the process of a divorce take?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2011