Do you allow your 3-4 year old?

to drink soda? and if not what would you do if someone gives them soda when you aren't there?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kids don't drink soda at all. My husband is 34 years old and has never had a drink of soda in his life, either. I don't want my kids to turn out like me. I drank soda when I was a kid and now I can't drink water or juices b/c I need the sweetness and/or fizz of soda or teas (I don't drink soda except on occasion, usually, but I cannot drink straight water, either).
    mommy2aftan

Answer by mommy2aftan at 9:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My grandchildren occasionally have soda at parties. A healthy child can have almost anything in moderation.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 9:28 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No, I don't want to give DD all that sugar and caffeine.

It would depend on who gave her the soda. If it was a one-time thing, like a party, I wouldn't care. If it was her daycare, I'd speak with the person and tell her not to give any more, thanks.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:32 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• vbruno- fruit juice can make a child obese too. I think you need to chill out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Giving a 3-4 yo soda? There ought to be a law against this. Thats just flat out child abuse in my book. And people wonder WHY kids are soo obese at 5 today.

I think you are WRONG. Having an occasional glass of soda will not cause Obesity and is NOT ABUSE. Boxed fruit juice is as bad as soda.
    You will NOT have an obese child if they have an well balanced diet and exercise. I rather my child have an occasional soda at a party than eat at Mcdonalds. Different strokes for different folks.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 9:55 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No, but his grandparents sure try! lol He doesn't like it AT ALL!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• And if someone gave them some without my knowledge, I'd politely tell them that in the future not to give them soda.
    mommy2aftan

Answer by mommy2aftan at 9:35 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My dd is almost three (I can't believe it!!), and I don't give her anything to drink but water and milk. I'd prefer it if others didn't give her soda, but I'm not going to have a coronary about it if they do. A little soda never killed anyone.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• thanks ladies I don't give my children soda either but was just wondering what you'd do if someone gave it to them when you weren't there
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Wow! Anon! If u r going to have attitude,u need to chill out!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:54 AM on Mar. 15, 2011