Do you allow your 9-12 year old?

to drink soda? and if not what do you do if someone gives it to them when you aren't around? We don't allow our children soda; My son asks if he can have water or tea instead

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Very, very rarely. Like 1-2 times a month. And it's usually when we order out for Pizza, which we only do once a month. I cook dinner at home every night & we don't buy soda, so there is never any in the house.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Having soda in moderation will not hurt anyone! You can't freak out over the little things in life. Keeping children healthy has alot more to do with diet, exercise and a caring, loving enviornment.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 9:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• yep! unlimited
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I didnt have soda in our house for our kids, BUT....My Mom always loaded the kids up with it when they were at her house. She got them the caffine free kind and that was the best I could hope for. I just dealt with it. If it's a health issue make sure whomever you leave the kids with knows this.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:24 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• By that age, a child should say " I am not allowed soda, may I have water?" The child should be partially responsible for his or her own heath.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My 11 yo doesn't like it, prefers not to drink it. My 9 yo loves it and I allow her to have it when we eat out, which is less than once/week. If she was at someone else's house and they offered it to her, that would be her decision but I wouldn't tell another parent what they could/couldn't feed my child when they invited her over.

Answer by missanc at 9:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No, I never give my kids soda. However, if they have a glass at someone's house or a birthday party, I don't freak out. It's only every once in a blue moon that it happens. My kids seem to prefer juice, water, or lemonade when they're at social functions anyway.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i only have for parties or my hubby and i where going out now kids are much older i do drink it but it is pepsi max
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:41 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes my kids can have soda, it's not an issue in my house
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:51 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• yeah , diet with splenda only
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 15, 2011