How do I go about this?

My brothers father-in-law is dying of cancer. And is now at home on bed rest. I would like to go visit him at the house to say hi and see how he's doing. And the family as well. But my sister-in-law and her mom are so very overwhelmed , with this I don't know what to say to see if it's okay to stop down. any advice here.

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 9:31 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Health

• I would just call them, make it simple & say "I was wondering if i could visit with him, but if it's too much right now...i can call back another time"

Let them now you want to see him, but that you understand they are stressed & that you can accommodate yourself to their time, for their sake.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Call them and ask when is a good time. You might also want to call and ask if there is anything you can bring, or do for them. Cleaning, cooking a meal, so on so forth.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Call or send a note - ask if it would be ok to see him. Ask what you can bring or do during your visit.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 9:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Definitely call and ask first. I remember when my MIL was on her death bed at home and people kept wanting to see her. We didn't allow visitors as we used that time for just us to be with her. She didn't want anyone to see her like that. Send a card or flowers.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would see if your brother thinks if it is a good idea.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• call BIL , if ok go visit him then leave
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 15, 2011