When there's no need for it, do you hate sarcastic answers?

Why do you think some people HAVE to answer others sarcastically? I think it's insecurity.

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Sarcasm can be very good for the really heated discussions. It can sometimes turn things around and lighten the mood. There are people who use it just to take jabs at a person and I do not like when people do it in that way.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It doesn't bother me at all. I think it's more insecure to not allow others to just be themselves, whether it be sarcastic, goofy, serious, or anything else.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Well, unlike some - I have a stick-free anus. So, no..it doesn't bother me - mainly because I can be quite sarcastic, myself. ;P
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:31 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Are you really asking about sarcasm or just plain bitchiness? Sarcasm is funny, it lightens the mood. I see it as a positive way to communicate as long as the person you are talking to gets it. Bitchiness is just plain being rude and nasty and making fun of others. It's not a comment to be shared as funny, only funny to them and offensive to the person they are talking to.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 10:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Eh, I'm sarcastic by nature, and I think nothing of giving a sarcastic answer, honestly, it's just my go-to frame of mind. It's often a shock when someone comes back at me angry or upset, because I honestly just don't think about it.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:24 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• That list must be getting longer every week.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Sometimes it rubs me the wrong way, but I've trained myself to become aloof to those kind of answers. There will be plenty more in the future. And I'll be waiting... Bwahahaha!!!! <----Yea, there was no reason for that. LOL!

P.S. Here's a Bump for your question.

LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Ha ha ha ! Not in the least. Why should something so small bother me?
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No. I usually see the humor in it.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 10:24 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• hahahaha! didn't say you had to like it! :D

just after thought....I also think sometimes the personal mind frame we are in when recieving sarcasm makes a huge difference how we handle it as well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 15, 2011