I'm looking for childcare for my 9 month old a couple of days a week for a few hours at a time as I prepare to transition back to work, does anyone have suggestions for the best type of care (i.e. center, home, babysitter) for this situation?

slhawkins

Asked by slhawkins at 8:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For part time, centers are not usually as flexible, although you can find some. I've found that they charge for the full week even if you odn't use them full time. Home day care or baby sitter would be more flexible until you go back to work full time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I agree, I think you should get a babysitter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I dont know about where you live, but in Oklahoma we have Hourly Drop off centers, i love them!
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Where I live in Texas we have a program called Mother's Day Out. Usually the churches do them and our program is only Monday and Wednesday from 8-2. I put my nine month old in there so I can get my online classes done. There's only 7 kids and 2 teachers, they're really great! You could google your area and see if yall have one. I have seen them before and thought that you had to be a member of that church to use them. Most of the kids don't even go to that church and neither do most of the teachers. It really isn't even church based, all they do church wise is play Jesus songs at nap time.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 10:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2008