Who thinks that homewreckers should have a punishment?

In some places it is against the law to be an adulterer. Why is it ok here in America? I mean these people knowingly ruin families and don't have any kind of consequence for their actions. It is unbelievable how some of these people can have such low morals to openly brag about being with a married person or openly flirting with them without a care in the world. I also believe that their should be punishments for the cheater too. I think that if you cheat or are a homewrecker you should have to face some kind of punishment, if we had laws about this like some other places I think that people would take marriage more seriously. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Hmm, ya I think so, they should be held legally accountable, after all marriage is a contract between two people, and you agree to forsake all others...the state our society is in today, with everyone sleeping with anyone, and having no morals, i am not surprised people are defending cheating on here. Goodness gracious.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Not all homewreckers know that they are, some women believe the lies that men tell them and don't know they are married. Do we punish those women too? I don't know that punishment is the way to go.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• . I think that if you cheat or are a homewrecker you should have to face some kind of punishment,

I don't agree, and I've been married for 46 years. I think your just mad you've probably been cheated on. Move on, find someone who will treat you right.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i think the punishment is that they get each other. the woman that goes after a married man gets a cheater.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• What about folks in a relationship (but not married); what happens when they cheat? Define cheating: physical, emotional, flirting????

Does fantasizing constitute cheating in your book?

Too hard to define and it would definitely be too hard to enforce.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i agree with the woman who said she has been married 46 years... sometimes things JUST HAPPEN... i know a lot of people both men and women don't want to accept that fact but they do its life, fate and you never know what it's gonna throw at you but I do know we all have someone that is for us in this world and you never know how that situation is going to come about.. so i'm very careful with how i define cheating or being a "homewrecker" if it's all about sex then yes you might could use that term but if someone realizes they found their true love in someone else then so be it good for them!
    ash2011903

Answer by ash2011903 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I do believe that eventually the cheater and tart he is cheating with will someday get what they deserve! Payback can be a bitch and hopefully comes around to bite them on the ass big time! While the cheaters and tarts are not held accountable in court or openly punished by the law , they will eventually have to stand up in front of their God or Creator and be judged for their sins- so they may end up in Hell roasting for eternity. (for those who believe in God, Heaven and Hell).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:56 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I think adultry is WRONG! BUT! We live in a free society. Some places in the world you would be killed if you did that to your husband and women there have absolutely no rights as human beings. So I would rather live free & let the relationship cards fall where they may.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:58 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Did I not say the cheater should also be punished?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Why do you feel that way? Are you just mad something happened to you? Your not the only one. Duh
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 15, 2011