Are you the family snitch or the secret keeper? adult content

I come from a family that was very big on keeping secrets. Mostly it was dumb stuff anyway. I mean, who really cares that my mother would hide the messes in her room when we were going to have company? Or if my brother had a stash of playboys that mom didn't know about or acted like she didn't know about. I never told anyone that kind of stuff because like I said, who cares? I'm very good at keeping confidences, but when the time called for it, I'd sing like a canary! When I was about 13 we were visiting some of my dad's family. Mainly because my grandmother's sister had been in and out of the hospital for a series of problems. She'd get sent home then get bad again for reasons they couldn't explain. My cousin was making fun of her one day, telling me "I can tell you why she gets sick, every morning she takes out this basket full of about 50 pill bottles and takes one of each of them. I don't think she even knows what most of them are!" So I went and told my mother who was a nurse, and she paid this aunt a 'visit' Next thing I knew the whole family was up in arms because my aunt's doctor had tricked her! He told her she needed to come in and to bring all her medicine with her so they could make sure she got them all refilled. Then he took them all away from her! "oh my blessed goodness! Old Auntie M is so upset! Her doctor took away all her medicine, ever since then she's been a shaky mess, without that medicine she's gonna DIE!!!!" She was shaky all right, it's called withdrawal!

she was monitored throughout the detox, but I don't think she ever did understand why this all went down. oh, family, what do you do with them?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• i come from a really big family I keep the secrets i hate it cause it seem alot of them unload all there dirty secrets with me and they know i wont say anything but some of the stuff they have told me is really fucked up
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i dont know.. we dont really have secrets, we all pretty much blab it all to anyone in the family willing to listen! I think I could keep a secret if I was asked, but like I said we all just blab it out haha
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:39 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Depends on the secrete. If it was something that affected other family members in a big enough way I might tell on them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Ya, depends on the secret. I have kept many a secret, and also blabbed a few times. But we are not children so it's not really like tattling, nobody gets in trouble or anything!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'm the secret keeper too. Big stuff, little stuff...and everything in between. Still haven't figured out why friends tell me their secrets. I don't share them and I don't share mine.
    Anonymous