Does that error message mean the person is ignoring your text?

I am looking for my son - I have not been able to reach him in almost a month. I found out this morning that he was fired from his job and told them that he was 'going out of town' before he picked up his last paycheck.
He's 22 years old --- and lives 8 hours away from me. Over the last couple of years he's moved around a lot (but always within the same city).... so I find myself at this moment not even knowing where he is living.

Anyhow - I have come to a place where I'm near panic - after a month of trying to reach him and not getting him, I finally called his work this morning (his only cell phone was a company cell phone) - and that's when I found out that they fired him.

So, my ex husband lives there too and sometimes my son goes to see the man.... so I tried to call my ex (it's been 5 years since I've done that, LOL) anyhow, he didn't answer, so I sent him a text asking him to please call me ....

In a minute or so I got a message back from Verizon saying that they tried to deliver the message 3 times but it was not answered.

I'm wondering if that message means that the man is hitting 'ignore' on his phone - or somehow refusing receipt of the message and that's why I'm getting that error.
Anybody have any clues or ideas .... this just is not the time for dumbass to be playing games (which he's most popular for doing as a rule).

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 10:43 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Technology

• i would call Verizon, im sure their customer service number in on the web. Ask them why this may be. i have no idea and cant give you an answer why Verizon would have such a thing, never happened to me, although i have T-mobile
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• although...your number could be on his block list or their block list. he could just have you blocked. i've never been with them and dont know how blocking works but thats all i can think of. My sister had to pay for her ex to be blocked monthly at one time.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Actually, I think I just got the answer..... he just called me.... BUT when I answered he was calling someone else... said he actually didn't even dial my number.... so I think Verizon may have some wires crossed this morning.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• oh how weird! technology these days! lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• He may be blocking your text, OR may not have a text package on his phone. Leave a voice message and go from there.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'm wondering if he had heard from your son, you have me worried now. Please keep up posted.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Well, when I talked to him... he has heard from our son (they live in the same town).... he said he'd have the boy call me when he sees him again.... At least I know my boy is alright -- and my Ex was actually cordial to me for the first time since our divorce.... wow. But the most important thing is that I know my son is okay. He probably hasn't called me because his only phone was his work cell (which he no longer has)...... but the little shit could have sent me a text or something from any one of his friend's phones. O well --- momma is always at the bottom of the pile when they get to be that age (it seems)
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'm so glad he's ok! As a mother, I know I would be going insane without contact!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011