Parents who smoke marijuna while child(ren) are in there care....what are your thoughts?

I have NEVER done any drug, and don't understand why people do, especially parents, more so when the child is in there care. I had a friend who told me she has smoked marijuana in the same room as her daughter, needless to say, she's no longer my friend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think that kind of behavior is totally irresponsible and unacceptable.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 10:56 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My thoughts r stupid! They need to get their kids taken away!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:56 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I think PP brought up being drunk because it is somewhat acceptable to drink a beer in front of your kids, when the effects of alcohol are more detrimental to your ability to function. No need to get upset. She was just bringing up a valid point.
    And as for smoking in the same room, that is not in any way ok. Not even with cigarettes. I just think there is a great deal of misinformation about the effects of MJ, and its suosed risks and side effects. I am indifferent on this subject, but i have done my research and found there are far worse things that parents do, than having a toke after the kids have gone to bed. Some people have a beer after the kids are in bed...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It's legal here in Denver. Every other store front here sells medical marijuana. If you have a license.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I don't think anyone should do that in front of thier kids, i think it is wrong,
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I don't mean in front of there children, i'm just talking about in general, what if the child was upstairs and the parent went outside to smoke?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I love how people say they never done anything of the sort yet knock it down immediately. Smoking in the same room as her daughter is not acceptable. You however, have no clue how its like to be high. Tell you what I would trust someone who was high (of coures dont smoke where my child can see you or get any of the smoke) rather then someone who was drunk any friggin' day. Heck for some people I'd prefer them to be high rather then sober to watch my child. You simply dont understand which is fine but dont go blasting your ignorance.

BTW I am talking about weed not other drugs.

Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I have political and personal views about MJ. Even though I am for legalization, I don't condone even smoking ciggarettes around children let alone Mj! Society tells our children that it's wrong. I just wouldn't want to put my kids through that confusion. It's an adult subject.
    However, there is a huge misconception that you will lose your kids if you smoke pot. Unless your kids are abused or being neglected or injesting it themselves they probably won't. I know plenty of people who have openly smoked Mj and been sited a few times for possession, and never had their kids taken. It's on the brink of being legalized so they aren't cracking down on petty possesion anymore. They want 100lbs of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• If the kids are in bed and you're winding down your evening what's the big deal? I agree with a PP being high (from pot) is safer than being drunk. And what people who've never done it don't realize is that if something serious were to happen, your high almost instantly vanishes. Drunkeness definitely doesn't and how many people drink with kids in their care? If all you know about people's behavior when they smoke pot is what you see in movies, well, you are misinformed.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:11 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Excuse you Mel, but ignorance? Did I ever say once in my post that PEOPLE in GENERAL who smoke pot should be slain? No, I don't think so. I said I don't understand why people smoke it in the first place, sorry you twisted my words and turned them upside down. And I never said anything about be friggin' drunk, so I'm not sure as to why you had to make a comparison between someone watching a child drunk/high, there's a huge difference, i'm sure any one with common sense could have told you that. Keep your ignorance to yourself, I was ASKING for opinions, not a lecture on your stupidity
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Mar. 15, 2011