Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How to prove father isnt involved

This might be a silly question but in a few weeks I see a magistrate to have my sons name changed to mine. His last name that is. The magistrate advised for me to bring witnesses and proof his father isn't involved in his life. My sons dad hasnt helped with one thing since he was born and only sees him when I bring him to him and pick him up. He hasn't had a job. And his licenses were spended due to a dui and he doesn't have a reliable car. I know its obvious he isn't a fit or involved parent to our son. But what are some way to show proof? Thank you!

Answer Question

Asked by blaykesmom09 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Parenting Debate

Level 4 (47 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Bring your parents, your babysitter, or get notarized statements that the Dad is not involved. Brink your bank account statement to proove you dont get money from Dad.

    Answer by vbruno at 11:22 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • Get NOTARIZED written statements from as many people as you can that have FIRST HAND knowledge of his failure to provide, lack of visitation, lack of physical, emotional or financial involvement.

    IF you have texts on your phone where you've asked him for help with diapers, shoes or whatever and he responded that he can't (or won't) -- FORWARD those text to your email address and print them out.

    If you have been receiving ANY KIND of public assistance; food stamps, TANF (Temporary Aid to Needy Families), Medicaid (because dad failed to provide insurance)... bring proof of ALL OF IT. IF you do not receive child support, call the Attorney Generals Office and ask them for a written confirmation that THEY DO NOT collect money from him for the support of your child.

    If a mutual friend EVER had a conversation with HIM about him not being there --- get a statement from that person FOR SURE.


    Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 2:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • U can bring witnesses who can back up what u say.

    Answer by dancer at 2:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • For EVERY person who is willing to write a statement for you --- it HAS to be NOTARIZED to be considered 'sworn testimony'.
    It would be EXTREMELY beneficial FOR YOU if you send dipstick a text (EMAIL IS BETTER) today, tomorrow or soon and get him to admit that he has NEVER done anything to support the child. AND KEEP THAT TO SHOW THE COURT.

    Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 2:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.