Lice

this has been going on for months! i don't know what else to do. No one else in the house has it. But i've treated! even cut almost 17 inches of my hair off! and this little bastards won't go away!!! anyone have ne ideas next to shaving my head?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Everyone I know who has had to deal with lice has been successful using olive oil. Saturate your hair in a good dose of olive oil, wear a plastic/shower cap overnite, and then you can easily pull the dead little critters out in the morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• you need to make sure you get ALL the eggs out and buy the METAL nit comb, it worked wonders for when we had it here a few months back. use baby oil, and then nit comb (i bought one from cvs for 10-15$) continue treatment as well, and some good advice is don't use the same thing twice, dont wear your clothes again, even a coat, that can hold lice as well, make sure you vacuum all furniture, dont sleep on ur sheets, sleep on the mattress with a blanket, just to take all precautions of not spreading it. clean all blankets, clothes etc in HOT HOT HOT water, hottest temp on the washing machine as well as when you dry the clothes. dump the brush and buy a new one. goodluck, i know you're prob. going crazy =[ i know i was.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You need to treat ALL fabric surfaces in your home where YOUR putting your head on or near. Thats HOT soapy water and 2 high heat setting in the sryer to kill the little buggers and their eggs. Get new brushes and combs to. The head rest in your car may be where you getting re-infested as well.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Cutting and treating won't get rid of the nits, you have to pick them out or they'll hatch. Some types of lice can't be killed with the over the counter stuff, you might consider talking to your doctor about a prescription for it.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• get a cup of viniger and a table spoon of dawn mix together and use a shampoo
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 11:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Tea tree oil is supposed to help keep them off your hair.

Answer by gemgem at 11:41 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Call your family doctor for a prescription treatment and thoroughly nit pick daily. There are professional nit pickers! Some advertise on Craig's List.

asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 11:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I have gotten the script stuff...and i do comb out the nits..i'm the only female in my house my husband is clueless so i'm doing the nit picking myself! I'm going batty...i've done the washing, drying vacuuming..i've resorted to putting a plastic cover on my pillow and a new pillow cover every night! this is just gettin insane!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• If you're doing it yourself you can't get them all. You can't just comb them out. You need to pick out each and every one with your fingers. That's why it's called, "nit picking". Do you have a really cool friend or family member to help?
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 12:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I've done what the first answer did, but with mayo...slept on it over night and washed with dawn dish soap...never had lice again..good luck,
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 5:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2011