Question for a friend......

Ok seems most I know are having man issues geezzz....

My friend and her boyfriend s/o whatever you want to call him were discussing where they are now and is comment to her was "I just dont know if we have the same goals" but yet he is with her all the time.

Any advice on this one?? I haven't a clue on what to tell her.....

AmI88

Asked by AmI88 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• If hes not sure if their goals are the same yet he's still with her, either the relationship is too new to tell, OR....he's only in it for the sex and or $$.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• That's between your friend and whoever this guy is to her. I'm not sure what advice is needed here. He needs to make himself clear about whatever it is he's trying to say to her.

LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Well she knows I am on this site and asked me to ask....so it isn't like it is being put out here on the web and she doesnt know about it.
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Without knowing the couple, I'd have to agree with vbruno. Another possibility is that he doesn't like being alone so he is with her until he finds someone with more similar goals...or he doesn't do break-ups very well, and is hoping that she takes the hint and dumps him. Anyway that you look at it, it doesn't look all that great.
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 11:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• @kuna that is what i was thinking
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Aml88, that's not what I meant. I mean your friend needs to ask him some key questions based on what she's feeling. I don't want anyone advising your friend about something that's not being elaborated on. Their relationship could go either way. I've noticed a apttern with bad relationships: First, A guy or girl saying one thing to their SO, but lying about what they've said, once they've been asked the tough questions. Second, A guy or girl knowingly staying in a relationship after becoming aware pf a person's true colors. They try to stick around hoping that their SO changes.

LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• She has talked to him about it BUT was wanting me to post here as well....she wants others advice that is why I posted for her she is curious to what others opinons are. So I guess that is what we are doing taking opinions suggestions advice and anything else that comes along.
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Okay :) I hope I wasn't coming off as a bitch :-P. I wish your friend the best of luck.

LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No you weren't didnt bother me at all but this site is for suggestions advice and all so that is why it is posted, Not like anyone should have to explain why they are here....what the site is for.
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• "I just don't know if we have the same goals" is man-speak for "I have no idea what my own goals are!"

Frankly, I find refreshing to hear of a man even talking about goals. Does your friend know what her goals are? That would be a place for her to start a discussion with him anyway.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2011